Thursday, October 25, 2007

YMCA

Ok I taught most of the class last nite. I ran drills/randori til 835 and then the instructor got on the mat read from a book talked and then we resumed randori til the end of the nite.

I paired people off and did some of the drills we did at PMJC the nite before as well as the crack the turtle game. A lot of these were done for like 30 seconds and then switching.

I had to go to drills because I couldnt do nothing again all nite. It might seem a bit selfish but I dont want to go somewhere pay $$ and teach all nite not do any judo adn then just have to fight everyone. These drills are not just for me they will definitely help everyone on the mat and I sat out more then anyone else anyway to watch and supervise.

Then we did grip fighting and then we did Ground fighting. The grip fighting were 1min rounds and Ground fighting was 3 minute rounds.

I just switched in people as best I could and tried to keep it at a good pace.

Then I got some randori in. I fought Brandon and it was a good fight. He has taken a strong interest in Guruma Gake and although he should probably be working some other throws he has it working, he competes a lot, he has all his points for his next promotion so IMO im in no position to stop him. And it was cool cause it gave me a good insight into what the other person will see / do when i come in for the throw. I tried to play him as loose as possible trading throws/techniques and not using much power. He responded and lightened up and tried a lot of throws. Thats what more of these knuckle heads need to do. But they are getting it and coming around nicely.

Vito ducked me cause he is scared :) j/k but I did see him shakin a bit :)

Then Jenn not much going on there.. worked mainly newaza and i tried to work last minute pin escapes or crap im stuck better get outta here pin escapes.

Then Jeff. He armlocked me... again he kinda let it go that happens again i think i might poke him in the eye. He also is starting to get uchimata. Id like to see him work that a bit more its close.

Tomic. Good strong righty stance/player. he got me a few times and i got him a few. good times he is definitely a good player great to have him join the club.

all those fights were in a row then i fought the instructor. I was able to pass guard 2x, pin 1x for a long time, 1x for a short bit, got close on an armlock. I was able to roll him when he turtled up and hand a was working a transition to an armlock but he stopped it cause he was kinda posted on his neck. he said i could recieve a penalty for this if it was a bad ref but im not worried about that. its the same move Jimmy Pedro showed me, same move Rick Hawn showed me and same move Chris Costello showed me.
I also got swept, pinned and armlock at the end of the match.

Dang.. another long post.. I got to figure out a way to shorten these up.. oh well..

Personal:
My laptop crashed on me wed morning. I was up at 6 to do work but it wasnt working.. i went out and bought a new one and had to spend most of my time getting that up and running. things are good now and i can start working my 2nd job again.. i need that job the extra $$ is really going to come in handy down the road

Today is an off day i think.. might rest up until saturday when I am going to a clinic at west point.

No comments: