Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Monday YMCA

Ok lil bit different type class tonight.. kind of a 'throwback'.

Some good points though. One the new guy Tomic is getting better and better. We got to fight and he got some scores in. Definitely a good player just needs to get his wind back up. Good gripper and a european style which is nice.

Jeff is still on the mat He has been there every Monday for a while now and hopefully Ill start training Thurs with him at his school too. I fought Jeff and he had a nice flying armlock on me.. he took it a bit easy on me and might have been able to finish if he had not. Lots of newaza and again I was able to stay defensive enough to avoid getting tapped. His gripping is OK and his movements and reactions are getting good as well. I just learned he was/is a wrestler so now I have a few new throws I can show him.

So I started class and was going to go through our uchikomi drills.. however the instructor got on the mat at about 8 and ended that. Instead we did a throwing drill where you threw everyone in line and then the next person would throw everyone..etc

ok not a bad drill but just too slow paced. I threw like 9x and then sat around for 15 minutes while i took 9 falls??

then we did a pin escape drill.. i coached people through it and then ran through it myself... again not a bad drill but I did 9 bridges and sat around for 15 mins...

not bad but our class just doesnt have that type of time imo.

then i fought.. i fought some kids... jenn, tomic and jeff oh also did matwork with new guy about 280-290 ish.. hes new so he didnt have much but i was able to do a few reversals and control him in guard nicely.

i wasnt too pumped up about judo after this workout.. i would much rather go through a super intensive brutal workout.. but oh well...
so what did i do.. i went home my girlfriend came over we drank wine and watched a movie and ate food.. good times :)

tonight PMJC.. Cant wait :)

No comments: