Friday, October 12, 2007

Tournament this weekend and Wednesday YMCA

Wednesday YMCA

Ok So I decided I will compete again this saturday at a promotional tournament. Promotional meaning that it is mainly for people seeking there next rank. I am not. IM very happy with my rank now and train with some ridiculous people who are also 'just' first degree black belts so no rush for me. I was going to go to this tournament just to coach and help out some of my training partners. Then Chris suggested I fight. He had some great reasons so I agreed. I will fight this saturday. Mainly for fun it will be interesting... first I dont have to suck weight.. no suana no dehydration no starving and I dont even have to wake up that early... Ill probably do terrible.. just kidding but I hope to fight some really really good people who will be very hungry to win. Not that IM not or dont want to win but I just dont have as much pressure on me this weekend. MIght get to try out some new things.. Might not

Anyway.. Wednesdays class..

Moved back towards the uchikomi drills I have been doing.. again thanks to Chris Costello and Clyde for getting these drills into my head :)

Did a lot of moving uchikomi, counter attacks, Counters, and combinations. Then moved onto GripFighting and newaza randori. all good times.

Got another 'new' guy on the matt last nite too.. Jeff who I used to train with is back.. hopefully for a while.. who knows.. he has a crazy work schedule. He had been training with Jim Simrell for a while in BJJ / Sambo and he got GOOD. Jeff used to be all power. When I fought him that nite he felt real smooth and fluid and didnt need any power to stay out of trouble.

Cant remember much about the randori really .. well I got dumped on my head by Tomic. In a good way Im glad he can throw me. He definately has skill and as he gets back in shape Im sure he will get even better. I need to remember to ask him a thing or two now that I think about it.

What else.. Fought Dana Vito and Brandon again they are all improving.. Did a lot of newaza with Brandon for some reason and he did real good on the matt.. played very smart too not just the usual strong aggressive style.. not that there is anything wrong with that but its better to have a few options. Cant remember the Vito fight.. if there even was one... Fought Dana... she just needs to attack more and just needs more matt time.. all those kids will be real good if they stick it out.

I got a new seonage working...I really like it and it works great in conjunction with my Single Leg aka Guruma Gake :) I cross grip with my left hand to there left lapel and throw right ippon seonage. Very Nice :) I also am just about ready to start working on another variation of Seo but lets not get ahead of ourself just yet :)

Ok so thats that until I compete.

I also hope to have some video of my fights from the last tournament. I know my club has my last match for silver and 1 quater final match at least.. not sure about the rest... they werent as exciting anywyay

No comments: