Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Another great workout at PMJC.

Lots of cool things at PMJC going on. First a bunch of the Moscow kids came down which was cool. Vito,Brandon and Dana where there. Big Mike was absent. It was great to have some more people on the mat and its really going to help those 3 the more they get down there.

Went over a choke when someone turtles the one where I get my hand in the lapel and step and rollover the person in one motion. I really was focusing on tucking my leg in between the head and shoulders and getting a smooth roll.

Then we worked armlocks from turtle. I had matt which meant my armlocks were not working..I was hoping that I would figure something out that would work... in stead I just found like 20 things that would not work.. still beneficial

Matt worked a nice turnover from turtle he doesnt get to work these often but he was dead on with this one.


Newaza I went with Matt, Dana and Brandon. Good times. Matt had a strong pin on me. I dont think I sub'd him at all. Dana is doing well. Against Brandon I had some nice guard passes. Its all in the grip and posture. My guard passes have gotten a lo better.. dont help a ton in Judo Comps but still cool. I used to have terrible Guard passes. Thanks Greg!

Crash pad. I worked Uchimata.. I dont know.. this throw... ahhhhhh .. kills me I'd love to have a nice uchimata. I can hit it. Meaning if things are good I can throw it but in a static situation the flaws in my technique show big time.. oh well..
I also got to do right side kataguruma.

Randori. Started against Frank and he was whoopin on me good at first than either he got a lil tired or I got a lil sharper and started hitting some throws.

Joes first fight I couldnt throw him. stunk.

I fought louis and survived.. yeah me :) I had some decent Seonage attempts against him and I got one Kouchi but he might have just bailed on that.

Matt. His defense was good. I didnt get at Subs. I was really trying to stuff his takedowns as he started them.

Dana. She got me with drop seonage. No one saw it.. it dont count :)

Joe got one big seonage. Countered one of his taniotoshi attempts.

Thats all..

I hope tonite at the Y is cool

No comments: