Thursday, October 18, 2007

Wed YMCA

I think sometimes I just spoil myself.

Last night at the Y the instructor decided to start getting people ready for an inhouse promotional tournament that he will be running. This will be a little different then the promotional I attended last weekend. Since I am not seeking promotion I just taught and helped out some other people as they were getting ready.

This took us until 9pm the first hour of class was just speeches and this promotion stuff.

Then we moved to randori.

I got to fight Jeff. We've trained together in the past but he has gotten so much better. I guess he spent a few months training with Jim Simrell doing sambo/bjj/mma there and it really shows. He did do something that kinda annoyed me. He was in a position where he had about a 93% chance of armlocking me but he kinda just let it go. Im all for safety but you gotta lock the arm when its available. His armlock transition started as I passed his guard to side body. Yeah for me on the guard passing but I relaxed and he got a nice arm lock. Pretty slick for a white belt.

Then I fought Tomic. Everyday this guy gets better and better. Grips are strong its real good. I found out a bit more about how he plays and things like that so its getting more Judo'ey out there when we fight. He has strong right side throws and right side counters.

Then Jenn. Not much went on She had a real good escape maybe two. I didnt try many throws against her.

Then Dana. She got me with a pretty good seonage again... and again I dont think anyone saw... very strange..

Fighting was good but drama is bad. There hasnt been too much drama at the Y recently but I have a feeling in the next few weeks it will probably get out of hand. The instructor is looking to 'tighten' things up or something so there will be a lot more speeches, we have a promotional coming up and some other behind the scenes type drama as well. All I know is that I am tracking what goes on here in this blog.. and if Im not doing Judo at the Y meaning if there is more drama then Judo Im out.... Ill come back after the drama settles down or something. I just dont have the time for it. I want to train Judo. I want to get better and better and that doesnt happen by talking or getting no technical work and only 15 mins of fighting. I took a look at blogs I wrote a year or so ago and there was very heavy amounts of drama at the Y and very little Judo for me. I will not go through that again.

No comments: