Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tournament recap...

Ok so the tournament is over. I Wish I could have 30 seconds of it back. I did ok/good/decent. I took 2nd place in my division. I really dont know what to say my standing game, throws and gripping was not on the level I want it to be. I did do good on the mat but even there I let a few armlocks go and a a few pins that shouldve ended matches my opponents escaped. not good. In the gold medal match I let 2 armlocks slip away and 1 pin. I also secured a choke... out of bounds. when you have that many opportunities to win you have to take advantage of it or else.. or else you will get thrown and loose. plain and simple.. 2nd place for me.

I am hoping it was just lack of intensity.. i took this tournament very lightly just as a tune up for east coasts (1 month away) That is a very very poor reason for losing but that is something that is easier to correct that just being a stinky judo player.. which i hope I am not.

So what now... thats all ive been thinking about.. First I have to rest up.. i got dumped onmy shoulder.. it is getting a little better and I hope to start working out by mid week...

After thats its 1 month of high intensity training..no more instructor Judo as Chris calls it.. Chris, PMJC head instructor, tells me and tim that instructor judo is one of our biggest weaknesses... I spend so much time on the mat fighting very lightly and going like 20-50% against people that I end up not going 100% at tournaments.

I didnt dominate the grips... i wasnt intense enough both physically and mentally to control the pace of the match.. everything i was yelling to my players while coaching.. gripping, setups, combos.. is what i lacked this day...

dont know what else to say really..

Personal Junk: ahh never mind.. no one cars.. more fight stuff soon... more training.. soon... and more vids soon

No comments: