Thursday, September 13, 2007

I teach at the Y

Wed YMCA

Ok no instructor so I ran the show. First I paired everyone off and had them work there favorite technique. I let the 4 kids get a few sets of osoto gari in. After that I taught them Sasae Tsuri Komi Ashi. At first it was rough but then they all got it.

I got like 20 uchikomi in if that.. figured i wouldnt get to practice for a long time while trying to teach a new throw and while trying to help everyone else. George had some nice questions regarding his harai and his makikomi. He also fought really good that nite.

Ok so then we moved onto the fighting.

I shouldve written this earlier but oh well...

I didnt fight tim.. my leg was hurtin so skipped that...

George: he fought really good.. nice and intense but more controlled and more attacks with movement.. he just needs 1or2 more things to click and he will be doing great. only 1 score and that was when i got him with a lil guruma gake

fought dana/vito/brandon/jen/tank/aaron/steve all of them are improving..

dana is attacking more and fighting very hard

vito is coming along smoothly

brandon is doing more upright judo and starting to relax and play more..spaz less..he had a real nice pin escape last nite against me.. unfortunately for him.. good for me is that i transitioned right into a triangle..

Jen is attacking more.. doing more upright judo less counters.. still goo matwork..

tank is working harder.. has a few throws now.. really likes judo and is even paying attention a bit more.. hes like 7 ...

aaron.. i almost felt bad.. almost.. i threw this kid really really fast. with a ridiculous taio.. didnt mean to.. he was way relazed.. and i really had a nice setup.. but his ukemi was perfect.. then he turned it up and got some nice scores as well...

steve same.. doing better paying attention more trying harder.. all good things

ok sorry its jumbled and stinky.. just wanted to get it out

No comments: