Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Friday Golds Gym Judo

SORRY... for the lack of posts recently.. i had to take some time away for personal/business stuff.. ill be updating the blog and try to stay more consistent.

Friday Golds Gym Judo

This was my first workout back after the tournament. I had banged myself up pretty good during the tournament ant ended up taking 5 days off...

It was strange at first.. so many different things going through my mind and there were so many things I wanted to work on.. anyway we switched it up a bit at golds gym for this one.

We started with UchiKomi. Practicing our throws. I did a bunch of seonage, seonage to kouchi, seonage to armlock, foot sweeps and kataguruma.

We did a few rounds of that and then we did a new drill for us .. it wasnt randori (fighting) and it wasnt just throwing.. we were throwing and moving with some resistance so it was kinda like 1 sided randori but going against someone who was only going like 30-50% give or take. this let you get a good idea of peoples reactions, let you realize how you will actually hit the throw in competition and give you a better sense or feel of whats going on. I really liked this drill and will add more and more of it when i train with good players.

Then we did mat work and then randori.

The mat work was good.. my first round with tim I stayed on the offensive so got to work a lot of that.. the 2nd round with tim he was on the offensive and i played a lot of defense.

Matt: Ive been focusing on armlocking mat as much as possible.. i should say trying to armlock matt as much as possible. My chokes on him just arent working mainly because he is just too tough strong and can just resist.. i dunno...now trying to armlock him is no picnic either if he clasps his arms together it aint happenin.. but that has forced me to get quicker and quicker and stay very very tight so there is no room or time for him to defend. They are coming along.

I honestly dont remember too much about the standing fights....

I was just real glad to get backon the mat.. we did a bunch of 'verbal' judo too.. just talking about transitions.. different attacks and mainly just getting ready and setting a plan up for east coasts which is about a month away...

No comments: