Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Monday YMCA

Monday YMCA

Ok the instructor was not going to show up so I was going to run the show at the Y

We had a new kid show up so up so first I taught him osoto gari and let him work on that.

UchiKomi: worked some footsweeps,tomonage and some guruma gake and well i think thats it.

Fighting: I brought out the interval timer. Normally at the Y you have LOOOOONG fights... you never know how long either until someone drops out or the instructor decides to switch... well

Thats not the way I train at PMJC or at Golds Gym Judo. I feel that having a set time is much more efficient and just fits in better with how I want to train. So we set the timer at 3 mins. I told everyone to keep the pace up and fight hard for 3 mins.

I fought everyone except some of the females and kids.. i just didnt get to them but they all fought.. and yes.. for the TANK fan club.. tank got a bunch of fights in and is doing real well...

I worked a lot on foot sweeps and ankle picks.. and i will continue to until east coast.

I got John with a few seonages which was nice because he has been avoiding them

I got Doc G with a TeGuruma and a seonage

Got Tim with 1 or 2 throws but cant remember.. he got me with sumigaeshi

welll thats about it..Ill be teaching again wednesday so im gonna come up with some cool stuff and see how it goes.. oh and lots of fighting..

No comments: