Wednesday, September 12, 2007

PMJC

PMJC

PMJC is Judo. It is the best thing I have been a part of for a long time. Everyone there has improved SO much it is impossible to describe. From the 'lowest' rank there Frank a 40-50yr old yellow belt to the instructor Chris Costello. Everyone today is much much more effective then they were a year ago. The club has change a bunch but mainly stayed the same.

Last night I got to talk to Chris a bit about some things with my training and I am really excited about trying his approach out and see how it works.

Anyway..

Newaza Uchikomi. Chris walked us through a little newaza clinic yesterday. Showed about 5-10 chokes when someone is turtled and 5-10 turnovers when someone is turtled. Real good stuff!!!

Chris's philosophy in matt work is just to keep it fast and simple. Judo is Not Brazilian JuJitsu. In judo you have only a few seconds on the ground to get things going if you are ot really progressing after 3 - 5 seconds you will get stood up. So all the techniques were based around this principle.

Newaza Randori:

Chris: 1st time after a bit I messed up he passed my guard and then pinned me. 2nd time he passed.. i kept half guard and went between half guard and him taking my back..sortof.. for like 5mins.. no subs or pins though..

Matt:ok it mightve been luck.. i mightve been ON or matt mightve been a bit off but if not.. i think i made some serious progress in my armlocks last nite. Ive ALWAYS for YEARS AND YEARS now have had problems with my armlocks.. normally my legs are not controlling the person.. well last nite i switched up how i had my legs and i felt much much stronger. I hope its something real.. not some luck or what not.. lets see.

Randori: just some highlights...

Chris didnt throw me :) thats an accomplishment..

Fought Tim 2x he got another sumigaeshi, a nice uchimata to kouchi and who knows what else... I did get a nice guruma gake and maybe something else.

Matt: threw me left sided.. with like an ankle pick/teguruma... ive never had matt try to throw me lefty.. maybe he shoudl try more lefty stuff?????

Dana: I got some tomonages against her.. its starting to make sense!!!

fought a bunch more.. good stuff

No comments: