Tuesday, November 13, 2007

way behind.. quick summary of 3 workouts

Im way behind.. things Have been crazy.. i got a lot of good workouts in ill try to get back to these and add details.

Saturday Country club

Woke up early and picked up my nephew and took him to the country club judo workout. Not too bad. I didnt get much in I fought brandon and he threw me 2x and I threw him a bit. Not much to say about this one. It was cool to get Dom back on the mat and there were a few kids for him to work with

PMJC HeadBangers Ball

This was awesome. I could write a ton about this workout. It was awesome. Some of the best people in the area came out to the club to bang heads. It was part clinic and part randori session. Most of the teaching was covered by Leo/Edwin 2 GREAT judo players from Tech Judo.

Leo went over some gripping and then Taio
Edwin went over KataGuruma

Alberto went over Uchimata
Vlad went over the Russion Stepover

Fights
Travis: Ive beaten him 2x in competition but he got me a few times today in randori. I got 1 real nice seonage.

Kev: Osoto,Osoto,Ouchi Lots of em.. i made some attempts at pickups but didnt really get anything going. Kev out grips me everytime..

Leo: He threw me a lot but I got him once with Guruma Gake. He is definitely the Best player Ive ever thrown for ippon

Edwin: He got me a lot. I had one seonage that might have scored.. but probably not.

Might have had some more fights but cant remember.

This is not doing the workout justice. It really was awesome best time i had on the mat in along time. Great great judo on the mat especially for pa.

Monday YMCA

Basically got EVERYONE ready for the promotion. I got 2 sets in of guruma gake. Explained it to John to cause at first he didnt get it. I use this grip when I am out gripped or when I have an outside grip. I generally use it with an opposite stance as my opponent.

Ok so jen ran the warmup.. i ran class for the first 45 mins then the instructor read from haywards book and then we fought. Something interesting/new happened. I didnt do much the first hr of class.. just helped out teaching. Then I fight nonstop til the end of class.. 1st fight was ok.. started dying during the 2nd fight cramped hard lost my strength.. then i got into a grove and was fine.

I got a lot of fights so here are some highlights.

Jeff: hard to throw good newaza..
Brandon: Scored at least 2x maybe 3x on me. I got some good stuff on him.
Doc G: Good Gripping. he needs to attack more.. he is a lot harder to throw now. I didnt score on him
Dana: Short Matwork session.. real short.
John: 1st mnute i figured i would take it easy.. see if he would attack more then i just turned it up a bit to push the attacks.. i got a seonage, teguruma, gurumagake etc.

No comments: