Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Monday YMCA

Not much to say I didnt do anything until fight time.

I did teach osoto gari to 3 new people 1 adult and 2 kids. They got it no problem.

I also did as best I could to help everyone get ready for promotion and things like that.. paired people as best I could...

So no practice just teaching until 845 or so when the instructor got on the mat. Then we talked, he read and then we started fighting about 855

Fought a lot which was good all in a row basically it was Mike, Vito, Tomic, Brandon, Jenn, John,Tank

Ive been working on gripping mainly trying to get good attacks with defensive grips. I also did some straight offensive gripping. Basically looking to dominate and control sleeves. Got my seonages in.. got a few guruma gakes in and a few good foot sweeps.

Tomic was my best fight and I really turned it up a bit against him.

Brandon threw me at least 3 times.. 1-2 ippons or close and one decent taio.. maybe more too.. he was moving good and was picking good times to attack. Kinda got to me at first but hes made a ton of improvements recently and F it I basically taught him everything he is doing at this point so at least I know the stuff Im teaching him is working.

Thats it for today.. I still need to write about the clinic matt and I taught for the US Army National Guard. That was hecka fun :)

No comments: