Wednesday, November 14, 2007

TUES PMJC

Our last workout at PMJC had tons of people on the mat and was one of the best judo days Ive had in a LONG LONG time but it was nice to workout with just our guys again. Pretty good size class. I like that there. I mean Ive gotten some great workouts when I went down there and only 1-2 people showed up but I like when everyone goes.. kinda shows that everyone gets that the training is good and everyone is getting better.

We started by drilling the british strangle. I need to keep on this. I was hitting this quite often but then just moved to triangle turnovers/sweeps. So I want another option. In judo you dont have much time when you hit the ground but this move kinda gives you more time on the ground.

Then we did newaza.

Matt: I worked a lil turtle defense.. and tried to control his sleeves as best i could.

Joe: Crazy match kinda all over the place. I had a nice setup for an armlock but Joe is good on the ground and much stronger then me.. he passed got mount I escaped.. good stuff... when i was in his guard controlling the grips made it real hard for him to set up any attacks.. i like that.

Crash pad... worked taio.. decent.. worked new kataguruma.. terrible.

Randori:
Matt: Mssed a choke and he pinned me for a pretty long time. I think I got a taio and an uchimata. He threw me with a yoko wakare and almost had 1-2 more scores but i was able to float out. I had 1 armlock I liked..kinda a triangle armlock from the side where I couldnt get a full juji.

Louis: Kinda stinks louis still takes it a bit easy on me at times...but its probably good for my longevity. He is a big fast strong 290lb player. He does have great control and keeps me pretty safe when he can. He got me a bit and had some good grips but I did catch him once real clean with seonage.

Joe: Made me look silly with an osoto-ouchi for ippon.. i was just sitting back too much. When I took it to him at the end i was able to push the pace and control the match for a bit. I dont think I scored against him.

Tony: Had some good gripping.. hit a few Guruma Gakes a seonage, somehow i hit uchimata.

Good night. Gives me some ideas for me to work on. Mainly more gripping, and right side Guruma gake. I also need to PULL more with them.

OH ill have pics from the headbangers ball workout and Ill post them up soon.

No comments: