Wednesday, November 7, 2007

PMJC AWESOME CLASS!!!!

Ok My life the last week or two has been really crazy/hectic. Job #1 is nuts, Job #2 doesnt let me sleep, Boiler/heating system crapped out on us at the house, Some LAME workouts, Family issues all have built up and were kinda driving me nuts... after lats nites AWESOME workout I feel like a new person!

Great nite again. Chris basically decided that last nite was just gonna be a fight nite. There is a clinic like workout there this weekend so he said we might as well spend all nite banging heads and save the learnin for Sat. Cool Although I learned a ton last nite.

Its a real great group down at PMJC and there were lots of people on the mat last nite to make it awesome.

Started with newaza. I fought matt first. He tapped me with front hadake by rolling through and really had a super tight choke. I got 1 tap with a lapel choke that ive been getting a few people with.

Fought Mike, I think I got one armlock.. we kinda played arounda bit.. for some reason on the ground he fights a bit different.. guess its the bjj

Joelle, not sure how to spell the kids name but he can play.. on the ground he is weaker then standing but hes 15 he sticks with it he will be a terror. I hit a bunch of armlocks and he pinned me 2x

Standing.. no way I can remember everything that happened.. I had a lot of fights .. btw at PMJC almost always standing fights are TIMED 3 minutes. It keeps it nice and fair and leads to very intense rounds.

Chris: I avoided a drop or two. I didnt score but attacked a lot more. I got countered coming in for a kouchi. I need to get lower and on the right side of the body. Grips and movement were pretty good. Near the end of the fight Matt called out 10 seconds left me and CHris both came in to attack.. i tried a kouchi and he hit an osoto that was basically a clothes line WWF style. Pretty cool.

Joe: I had a nice entry for a cross sleeve ouchi and Kata Guruma. Good grips as I stayed pretty disciplined through this round.. cant remember much

Mike: he threw me once. I think I got him once or twice maybe a seonage and a guruma gake.

Gavin (315lb white belt) This turned into the 'fun' match of the nite. I was playin nice and lite.. its his like 3rd day ona mat. But he is so strong and has so little technique that the falls I was taking where very funny.. me rolling halfway across the mat, getting thrown UP HIGH in the air and again getting throwin across/off the mat. Good stuff though.

Lewis (295 GOOD Player) Its strange very strange but Lewis is probably the most dangerous player for me to fight. Physics cant beat that. He is big and Judo is dangerous but I really get a lot out of playing him. He likes big powerful grips and throws. So I really need to focus on grips and good attacks.. You attack Lewis poorly and he just picks you up for BIG Uranages. I have to say though the big man is very careful to take care of you and I really appreciate that. I did catch him with a nice seonage. I even came back up to my feet with it.. making it look pretty cool.. however I got a bit of a break cause he tried to stand up over me and i popped up at the right time. he did stuff about 7 other attacks of mine though and had me once but showed great mercy and just placed me back down on the mat.

Joelle: Some Cross grip Seonages and Guruma Gake. I think he got me too but I cant remember

Joe Part II. Joe wanted another fight so I said why not. Good round I Didnt score and cant remember what/if he got me.

Ok this is long enough.. great workout. I really appreciate what Chris Costello has put together at Pocono Mountain Judo Club. We have 2 white belts coming up to be great players, a 50 year old yellow belt who is awesome, 2 great brown belts and 2 black belts on the mat tonite.. made for an awesome class and it really really got me motivated and looking forward to the next tournament.

No comments: