Monday, November 5, 2007

PMJC Sat

Saturday PMJC

Good workout at PMJC

This isnt going to be too detailed.. my monday morning blogs never are.. and I have lots to write about today

Anyway we started with an armlock from the turtle position. I really want to start using this. The key is to trap the blocking arm early in the transition so that they can not defend with it. Also I need to remember to pull up very strongly going 2on1 against the shoulder.

Newaza Randori. Started with Matt. I really like doing Newaza against him..everything needs to be real tight and clean or it wont work.. I cant even come close to out muscling him..

Chris whopped me good but said i was being technical and said he is noticing improvements.. I use to tap like 5+ times against him.. now like 1-2 if im doing good. I think I came close to getting him with... no i didnt he is good though

Brent. I hit a ton of armlocks on him. I needed something after getting whopped by Chris.

Crash Pad. I worked Taio and Seonage.

Randori. I fought Chris and got thrown once with seonage for a yuko. Had good grips and fought hard. I need to attack more against him.. My first priority with him recently has been trying to not get thrown.. not good.. I need to attack more.

Tommy: One of the Costello Brothers. Great guy and was cool to see him on the mat again. He got me with a seonage and I returned the favor. Good guy to fight againt for me he is a strong right side player with a good seo.

Brent: Got a lot of foot sweeps in and a few pickups.

Matt: I was working on stuffing his throws with my right hand and floating over his yoko's not bad. Good transitions again. he got me up with a double but i floated out.

Vito: Not sure but again I cant remember what happened... I know he has been catching me...

Joe: Some good gripping.. cant remember much else..I need to work on setups and combos against him

LOTS OF FIGHTS!!!! awesome! makes it tough to remember but its worth it..

Also tournament update. PMJC brought home a bunch of medals from Clydes tournament.

Joe took 2nd
Brent took 3rd
Frank took 1st

Congrats all those dudes train hard no bs good hard training gets you medals. its not a secret!

No comments: