Thursday, August 30, 2007

YMCA 8/29

Ok not the best workout for me by any means but oh well. No instructor tonite he had a courier run and class starts at the U this week for him. Large class though.. anyway tournament is right around the corner. Looks like this may have been my last judo workout before the tournament.


Started the class, per the instructors orders, of another nite of just open class. Meaning you can practice whatever you want.. which means I run Around and help people will all there techniques. I did get to work my seonage a bit.. it felt good and I was just working on the action/reaction I Am trying to get.


Randori. I had my interval timer with me so I just set up 3 min rounds. I had to fight a lot of the new people, females and kids which didn’t leave a lot Of rounds for me to go against experienced people but oh well. Here are some highlights:


Vito: I got Vito with one pretty lame seonage and one decent Guruma/Gake. And that’s about it. We worked a bunch of different gripping situations.


Brandon: kinda similar to vito. He attacked more but while standing still.. you need movement.. I got him with a Seo or two and a Guruma/Gake or two.


Timmy: He launched me a Tomo. Almost got me with a SumiGaeshi and Came real close on some Seo’s. I got him with a Guruma/Gake and a Nice Seo. The Seo I had a cross lapel grip with my left hand and threw right side Seo as he stepped in.


I ate a small dinner after Judo and then woke up at 146.0 That should make being 145.0 on Saturday very easy. I got a lil caught up with sleep last nite


And hopefully will do the same tonite.



No comments: