Thursday, August 23, 2007

YMCA - 8/22/07

YMCA - 8/22/07


Small class last nite.. a bunch of people went on vacation or something.. oh well..


At class was Instructor, Me, Timmy, John, Jenn, Mike, Tank, Aaron


Uchikomi: I worked on my tomonage, ankle pick and my new gake / Kata Guruma.


Randori: fought the kids.. messed them up good :) j/k


Jenn: I got a nice cross grip sumi gaeshi. some good fakes where she started a sacrifice and i just transition into a pin. Some nice pin escapes and sweeps. She also blasted her shoulder through my face....


Timmy: got a tomonage on him. got outgripped a lot by him but i wasnt exactly fighting it too much.. i wanted to work on being outgripped by a lefty and trying my gake on him. got a small score 1x. Hit a nice seonage off the gripfight.. tim said something was in his ear thats why i threw him.. he also tried right side o soto gari which i countered with te guruma.


Mike: we gripped.. he got his high grip.. he attacked.. attacked.. attacked and got me with osotogari. i think its the first time he threw anyone in randori.


fought instructor during mattwork.. i did ok.. got some submission attempts.. got stuck in a stalemate after a few mins i tried a crazy triangle. got pinned.

No comments: