Monday, August 27, 2007

PMJC - Sat Aug 25

I went into this workout feeling real down on myself…. I thought my weight was too high.. I felt weak.. I felt like I was not in shape and I felt that I was in no way shape or form ready for the tournament coming up..

Lets just say things spun around real quick. Such a great group of guys to workout with down there its ridiculous. Ive trained at a lot of different clubs and this group rocks! Anyway:

Uchikomi: went throw a lot of different throws with Chris and Matt. IM SCRAPPING UCHIMATA. The throw gets in my head and makes me feel like I cant do judo. Its just not my throw.. please not in 5 months ill probably post the same thing… ok but good points… Kouchi is feeling good!!! Big bonus!!! It’s a great followup to my seonage. Kataguruma is working.. and my seonages are feeling smooth.

Crash pad: good seonage, good kouchi and good kata guruma. Was starting to feel good at this point.. it was SUPER HOT… I had already worked out for 4 hrs.. but damn..

Randori: Ok again I wont remember all the details but here are some important highlights.

Chris: he got me with a seonage.. maybe a wazari.. grip fighting was intense. I held my own though.. didn’t settle too much.. and I got a score with a seonage to hand trip.. or whatever it is..

Joe: got Joe with a seonage and a kouchi. I don’t think I got anything else in.. he probably threw me as well… cant remember.

Matt: he got me with something.. I thought It was a double but it might have been an ankle pick.. im starting to pickup on how matt enters more and more and hopefully that will help me help him.. I know very Jerry McGuire ish but that is judo .. not that I even like matt but the better he gets the better I get.. that’s judo.. matt is cool btw hes in the brother from another mother club.

Frank: Tomonage doesn’t work.. well wasn’t working that day against him.. oh well..

Vito: good fight.. again I am starting to be able to sense when he is attacking as well seonage working.. left side gake/guruma workig NICE

Tim: I was smoked when I had to fight him.. last fight of the day I think for me or last real tough one.. I know I got a score just cant remember.. I know I missed a kouchi and missed a gake/guruma cause I lost my grip with my stupid right hand.. I think the score was seonage… oh I also missed a tomonage.

Anyway.. I went into this workout super stressed super tired and dreading the tournament. I left feeling real confident and looking forward to the upcoming tournament.


No comments: