Wednesday, August 29, 2007

PMJC - Aug 28

PMJC - Aug 28


Great workout..


Thats all there is to say. Covered everything that Judo is supposed to be about. First the tournament is coming up. Chris pushed all of us like always and I think all the competitors walked away feeling better and more confident going into the tournament. I just kept thinking that Saturday was going to be much easier then what I was going through.


It was tough. Started out with the normal warmup, some newaza drills and then newaza. My first round of newaza was with a new 17yr old blue belt from France. Strong fast .. just had a good round with him.


Then Matt.... I dont know what happened or why all I know is we went forever. I just kept trying to get subs after subs after subs.. turnovers/chokes anything.. I only got one sub. A decent choke I kinda stumbled on.. but the great thing is if it worked on matt and if matt tapped it means that it will work on anyone. and definately gives me confidence going into the tournaments. I dont win much on the ground but id still like to sneak out some wins on the ground to. but anway we were fighting and next thing i know everyone else was on a water break and i was beat but we just didnt stop.. kept fighting.. and fighting.. and fighting.. it was awesome. good mix of technical skills, toughness and strength. It also really pushed the endurance too. I was real glad chris let us keep going and going... im guessin somewhere in the back of his head he was laughing at us.. but at the same time respectin what we were doing.. he didnt stop us until the crash pad came out .... this fight i thought wiped me out for the workout but i was able to recover and got some standing fights in too.


Standing randori.... highlights..


Julian: for being rusty hes good... he is fast and strong and has nice commitment to his attacks.. very PMJC of him! He got me with a gake..


Matt: had a nice no waki on me.. good timing but not good rotation good seonage too.. we went over it a bit and i think with time this is gonna be a great tech. for him..


Chris: its the little victories with chris normallly.. only getting thrown for wazari instead of slammed for ippon.. avoiding the katagurma but take the fall for the te kouchi.. but last nite was pretty decent. I was able to stop all his throws.. i was also able to match some strength with him.. at leat from time to time and with some good gripping, movement and posture. I stopped one really nice attack of his.. his back and forth combo.. made me feel good. he STUFFED all my throws.. oh well..


Joe: Couldnt throw Joe either but i learned a bunch about the setups I need to use.. pretty confident they will work on other 145lb guys


Tim: He got me with a few throws.. i know one NICE uchimata maybe two.. i avoided 1-2 tomonages... got out of a HUGE teguruma... I got him with 1 good guruma gake and 1 little one.. also hit a strange seonage thing but unsure if it would score.. he got out of a huge teguruma too..


ok just some more random junk.. my weight is good.. today is an eat day.. probably have like 3 whole meals :) crazy i know :) but i need a refuel day and my weight is good


i need to catch up on sleep... badly..


No comments: