Friday, April 15, 2011

Thursday Judo

Thursday was just a Judo day for me.  I started working with the kids class to get them ready for a competition this weekend. Then I moved onto the adult class to do the same with them. 

During the day I did some research to find some new drills and ideas to freshen things up a bit during class.  I had them work on just getting a grip and attacking with their favorite throw.  I also did some drills to defeat a stiff armed opponent.  This drill hopefully will come in handy for some of the newer guys and help them prepare for when someone is extra defensive.  The technique simply relied on twisting  your chest and shoulders violently through the grip to defeat it.  Very simple and very effective against a stiff arm.

There are a few other drills I picked up that I would like to implement and I will add them to the rotation next week. 

This weekend we have a lot of newer students competing for the first time.  Should be interesting to say the least.

No comments: